Go out there and take bad photographs,
document your boring life, tell a story no one
cares about. Because you know what, it might
not end up being so boring.

-Kyle Montgomery

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Day 12: My poor peter



My poor truck, Peter Pan, died today. In a storm. On Kings Island Drive. Here's how it went down:

Maddie Collins and I decided to go to Kings Island for a little bit today to see her sister in American Country, ride a few rides, and buy two super cute little pink keychains from Keyhole. (My treat) Well, we noticed the impending doom and decided to escape KI and go home, since there isn't much you can do at Kings Island in a storm. Bad decision #1. We didn't leave in time and ended up walking to my car in a downpour. (Thanks employee lot). So, I contemplated waiting it out before driving home, but I decided that was stupid, that the rain wasn't undrivable, and that we might as well get home. Bad decision #2. As we were driving out of the parking lot, I noticed a weird squeeky sound coming from my car. Now, my car normally squeeks like the stroller in the Aristocats, but this sounded different. I reassured myself that it was the normal squeek, and turned the radio back on. As we turned on to Kings Island Drive, thinks took a turn for the worse: I smelled burnt rubber. So, I pulled off to the side of the road, right before the merge lane ended, a considerably safe spot. Then Maddie saw the smoke. Well, after thinking about it, it was really like... a white steam, not smoke. So she jumped out of the car, and I followed. Did I mention it was storming?

So, I called Mom, who told me to call AAA. I was put on hold for 5 minutes while we stood in a storm, getting drenched, on the side of a four lane road. Finally, after an eternity of elevator music, I was connected to a AAA employee who contacted a towing company. It would be 20 minutes. Maddie was convinced my truck would explode and wouldnt get back in the car, so we stood in the rain. Finally, her Dad arrived to take me home, and shortly after my dad arrived, followed by a towing company.

My poor little teal baby was towed to Kirby's auto (which cost like 20$ thanks to AAA's 5 mile free policy) and we're waiting to hear what is wrong. Hopefully, and what we assume is that a radiator hose or belt broke and something like the radiator fluid caused the smoke/steam. Or something. I dont know. I don't do car repairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment