Go out there and take bad photographs,
document your boring life, tell a story no one
cares about. Because you know what, it might
not end up being so boring.

-Kyle Montgomery

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Day 17: All my childhood dreams have come true.




I put a hairwrap in my hair.

Technically, I'm not supposed to have one at Front Gate, but Lisa (my manager) said it was fine if I tucked it in during my shift. It made my week. I was that kid who wanted one but whose parents would NEVER pay twenty bucks for a hair decoration. I tried to do one myself when I was younger, but it didn't work.

The best part of this one is that I did it by myself. Tonight was Art Night at work, which meant that after the park closed, all the Kaman's employees had an art party: We did facepaint, henna, and all that fun stuff. Well, I didn't want a poor facepaint girl to have to spend 10 minutes giving me a hair wrap, so I just asked a girl to show me how to do it. She looked at me funny and said "Are you sure you can do it by yourself?" I laughed and said "I'm pretty crafty." But this girl still didn't think I was capable. She showed me how she knotted it and went ahead and started it. When I told her I would finish it at home, she looked at me even weirder and asked again if I was sure I could do it. I said yes, as long as she explained how to end it really quickly. So five minutes later I had my string and my beads and I left.


Well guess what? I didn't have any problems. And it looks just like the ones that we do at Kings Island. So HAH facepaint girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment