Go out there and take bad photographs,
document your boring life, tell a story no one
cares about. Because you know what, it might
not end up being so boring.

-Kyle Montgomery

Friday, June 10, 2011

Day 1 - Work work work work.

Okay. So I work at a theme park. That's a typical summer job, right? Right. But did I mention that I work that job? The job that everyone comments "I would hate to have to do that all day." The job that everyone avoids. I am that person. You know, the annoying one who takes your photo when you enter the park? That's me! So its kind of funny that I'd be doing a summer photo project as well. You see, this summer I really will be taking thousands of pictures. In fact, since the beginning of May, I've already taken over 4,000 pictures. But these, the ones right here and, of course, on facebook, these are my photos. They're not annoying photos of strangers. These are photos of love and friendship and all that stuff, instead of photos of appeasement and tired, grumpy children.

On that note, what's more perfect than a photo of my job to start me off?




Oh Key 3. By the Eiffel Tower. I hate you because I usually work alone. I hate you because of the hornet that flys around from its nest somewhere in a nearby roof. I hate you because I always have to flag customers. But I love you because you're right by the international street bandstand, meaning I can watch "Peanuts Party at the Plaza" and "Hot Summer Nights."

My job. A very large part of my summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment